Monday, October 19, 2009

New family additions

About 2 years ago my brother Kelly and his wife Cherish decided they were going to adopt some children from Ethiopia. They currently have 4 kids of their own the oldest being 10 and youngest almost 3. My sister in law Cherish, her father has a home in Ethiopia and lives there as well as here in Logan, UT. So that is how they were able to hear about this family. They adopted 7 kids ranging from age 16 to 2, all siblings. Of course we all thought they were crazy and couldn't believe it. I still think they are nuts! But man what an unselfish brother and sister in law I have. They are such wonderful examples and people. We all fell in love with these kids as soon as we met them. They are the sweetest kids. They arrived with them 2 weeks ago and came to my Mom's so we could all meet them. This first picture is the 16 yr old and 15 yr old. Their names are Dibabe and Chaltu. They were corn rolling Siera's hair. They did it so fast, she loved them. I think she would of loved to just go home with my brother and them.

This is a picture of them with the 3rd oldest, Tayiba, I think she is 12 or 13. Siera really connected with her.

I got a picture of them all in their new van in their seats, all 11 of them. This little girl was adorable. Her name is Fatiya and is a sweetheart. I could of taken her right home with me.

Off they go. Good luck we all said and waived goodbye!!

All the kids were so sweet. Along with the 4 girls, they adopted 3 adorable boys, I wish I would of got some pics of them all playing in my Mom's backyard. They all ran up and gave us hugs. We couldn't help but adore them.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

They are so cute. I wish I would have gotten some pictures of them.

Deb said...

Congratulations to your brother! That is a lot to take on. They are brave!

Shannon said...

Ok - gorgeous kids! I can't wait until i bring my kids home and we can get them together. They will have to help me with my little girl's hair. Do you know if the older girls' relax their hair? How are Kelly and Cherish doing? They are awesome people.

Tara Lee said...

Man I want to meet my new nieces and nephews! I feel out of the loop. ;(

They look so cute! Can't wait to see you in a month!

Cyd said...

That is crazy awesome! Congrats to your family on these sweet new additions.

Lia said...

Wow, that's incredible! Your brother and his wife must be amazing people! Congratulations! What a great experience for everyone.

Jewel said...

It's so amazing how Kelly and Cherish are so willing to open up their hearts and homes to these beautiful children. They rock!

The Bronson Bunch said...

I love these pictures! They look like some good kids. I hope the adjustments are going well!