Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick or treating with Semisi

We had such a great time on Friday. Lloyd's niece Lolohea and her husband Manase and their darling son Semisi (sorry all my white friends and family, I know those are hard names to pronounce) came up from Provo to spend the night with us.


It was so nice to go out and trick or treat in nice warm weather and not freeze and not worry about the kids being warm.


We have so much candy that I am secretly trying to throw a little out daily. The control freaks that me and Lloyd are, after trick or treating we make all our kids give us all the candy. We put it all in one big bowl or in this case several big bowls and then we let them eat a few pieces a day.

Semisi even scored with a huge bucket of candy. Hey on a side note. Just want to say that I hope everyone made it out to vote today. Just want to tell our family in California how proud we are of them. I'm sure many of you are aware of Proposition 8 that we are hoping to pass today. A month or so ago my ward was asking for volunteers to cold call people to ask them to please vote yes for Prop 8. I remember feeling very uneasy about it and thinking that would definitely take me out of my comfort zone. They ended up not needing our help with that. But our family in Cali has done so much. They have stood on corners holding signs, gone door to door, they have signs in there yard and on there cars. They have had vandalism because of it as well. They have been so strong, now I hope it will pass. We are so proud of you guys!!
















4 comments:

Jill said...

Your kids look so cute!! I totally loved the ward weather. Sad to see it go :(
We have a friend in Cali that has had her say yes to prop 8 stolen from her front yard 3 times. But she has lots of back ups. Hopefully all goes well.

Tara said...

Looks like it is going to pass! Crazy!

Those kids are so freakin cute. I can't wait to pinch those little cheeks on Milika. I love her!

Tara said...

I meant crazy in a good way by the way! Not sure if that sounded the way I wanted.

Cherish said...

My thanks to all your family in California! Good work and the Lord prevailed thanks in part to the good strong members of California!

And your kids are gorgeous like always!