Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday Mom!!


This past Saturday we threw a surprise 60th birthday party for my Mom. She was shocked to say the least.

We sent her a fake invitation to someone else's party and so she had no idea.

She was very surprised to see my sister Tara there who lives in Vegas and she had no idea she was in town. It was great!

We invited close family and friends. Not too many people, but she said it was perfect who we invited. Yay! That was a relief since I was the one who was in charge of the invites.

Both of my brothers with their wives and kids.

My Mom with her birthday cake.

We put together a little program for my Mom. We started out with all the grandkids singing "I love to see the temple" for her. Then each of my siblings got up and told a favorite memory of my Mom growing up and then we had each of the grandkids say their favorite thing about Grandma. Also Siera sang Families are Forever and Caleb my nephew performed a comedy routine. They are my Mom's 2 oldest grandkids. They did a great job!

It ended up being a great night! We knew my Mom didn't want any type of party for her 60th, especially not a surprise party. Me and my sisters were nervous and didn't want to upset her. She kept telling us she was embarrased about her age and didn't want to celebrate. But we overruled that. My Mom is such a fabulous person and we wanted to celebrate her! Happy Birthday Mom! Here's to many, many more to come!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun. We did the same thing for my mom's
60th. We came from California and surprised her. We also invitied all her old high school friens it as a blast. Mom's are great!!

Lia said...

What a fun idea! I love the look on her face, you can tell she was truly surprised! Good job!

Cyd said...

Your mom deserves such a great party! Say Happy Birthday to her from me. My mom just celebrated her 60th as well.

Cindy said...

It was so much fun. The look of surprise on her face is priceless. I'm glad it went well and that she wasn't mad at us.