Saturday, December 5, 2009

Football is over, Thanksgiving and more.....

Well football is over. I am so sad. I love this team, the coaches and the families. They are all so great! We have enjoyed watching Joshua play so much this year. It's his 2nd year and he did so great. He really enjoyed it and didn't complain once about the practices or games or the schedule. There was more then once that me and Lloyd were just overcome with pride watching him play. His team did so well. They went to the playoffs and lost, but it was their first time to the playoffs and we were so proud of them. We had the football banquet a few weeks ago. I think we were all sad to see it come to an end. They are hoping to keep the same boys together next year, with the same coaches. We can't wait. I love football and the unity that the boys get from the team. Now we move on to basketball and this year Josh is trying out wrestling. He loves it so far!

Josh with his 2 trophies. One is what all the players get for being in the league, the other one is what the coaches gave him. He got the Offensive MVP award for our team.

Josh and his good friend Skyler. Skyler also got an extra trophy for the Heart of the team award. This is so true. Skyler is our quarter back and without him, nothing would be accomplished. He is a great player and is truly the heart of the team.

I adore my Solomone!

One of the Mom's brought a cake with the team picture on it. The boys loved that. They all wanted to have the piece with their picture on it.

Well moving on. For school Joshua had to do a project of the Utah map. It turned out good. We procrastinated of course and didn't do anything on it until the night before, nice huh? So we were up very late doing it, but we were happy it was done and that it turned out well. We painted the rivers and lakes with blue paint. Then the deserts we used cinnamon, chocolate chips for the mountains and basil for the greenery.

Also we had a great Thanksgiving. It was just our family, my parents and my sister Cindy and Noah. My other siblings were with their inlaws. It was fun. The food was delicious as always. Cindy did some fun things with the kids later in the day to keep them entertained. Here is a picture of them making turkeys out of graham crackers, oreos, frosting and candy corns. They loved it. They also had a coloring contest and decorated some snowman ornaments. She is such a great aunt! Me and my Mom and Cindy went to Wood Connection earlier in the week and found wood block letters to decorate. At first they were a nightmare, but once we figured out how to cut the scrapbook paper and put it on, we loved it.


Siera has been taking voice lessons for the past 7 or so months. She had a concert that she performed 2 solos and then some groups numbers. She has a beautiful voice and she did so well. We were very proud of her. She wore this red dress that we bought her for an early birthday present for the concert and then they had a snowman number where they changed and dressed up as snow-women with top hats and all. She was reluctant to want to dress up, but her teacher really wanted them to. I think she looks really cute and it shows me that she is growing up and maturing more than ever. I can't believe she turns 11 in a week. She kept laughing and saying she looked pregnant! Whatever! Anyways, we sure love her and are so proud of her accomplishments as well.



4 comments:

Lolohea Tonga said...

aww i wish i could have been there for her concert! i wanna hear her sing! I'm gonna come by this week to bring her birthday present...because I'll be in California for her birthday. Since you guys have a piano now maybe she and i can sing some song together. ill text you about this week.

Lia said...

Looks like you have been busy....in the best way. Kids and family! Love hearing about all the opportunities you're giving your kids. I tried, but I wish I'd known more about all the avenues they could have tried. You're a great mom.

Cindy said...

I love the football cake. What a great idea. Kris, your kids are so talented. I wish we could have come to Siera's show. She has such a great voice. Josh is so athletic. If Noah ever has to do a school project, I'll know right where to go. LOL.

Shannon said...

Looks like fun Kristi. You have such gorgeous kids. Hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays!!