Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Easter

I really enjoyed Easter this year, except for the crappy weather we had and the fact that my parents were out of town, but other than that we had a great day. It was so nice to let the kids wake up and find their baskets and for us to have a nice breakfast together and that no one had to rush off to meetings or rush to get ready for church we could just really enjoy the day together. It was great to just relax and watch Conference.




So I'm kind of a horrible Mom, but this is the first year that I have let my kids color easter eggs. I hate messes and so I always talk them out of wanting to do it. But this year I put Siera in charge and she and Savani had a blast and the eggs turned out really cute. I think it will be a tradition from now on.


My parents were in Hawaii this year for Easter and so we were on our own for dinner and such. My sister Cindy came over and we had a nice night. We made dinner together and it actually turned out pretty good. I made a ham for the first time and we had yummy funeral potatoes with jello and corn and rolls and then Cindy made an awesome better then S** cake. We did an Easter Egg hunt which is a tradition that we always do at my Mom's with all the grandkids. It was smaller with just our family and Noah, but the kids still had fun and I'm glad we did it.






Because Easter fell on Conference weekend this year, I still opted to buy my kids Easter clothes and they wore them the week after. They always need some good church clothes and Easter gives me an excuse to buy them.


Lloyd's Mom Sina was able to come visit us the week after Easter and it was so great having her here. The kids loved her hanging out with them. She watched them play Wii and spent every minute with them and they had a blast with her! We love her so much, she lives in California and is busy with her job and her other children and so it's hard for her to get away and I feel so thankful that she took the week off to spend with us. She is an amazing person. We stayed up the last night she was here, me, Lolohea and her and she told us so many great stories of growing up in Tonga and about her parents and about Lloyd. It was a blast and we can't wait for her next visit!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

i think conference should be montly or at least quarterly. i love everything about it.

love, love the easter dresses! siera looks so grown up!

Lia said...

Kowhai and Siera got almost identical dresses for Easter! And I'm with you, Easter is a good time for church clothes. I think it might the only time, besides maybe birthdays, that I actually buy church clothes. I love that you kept traditions going, even though your poor parents had to be in Hawaii (so sad for them, huh?).
Your family's so beautiful!

Cindy said...

Kris, you are such an awful mother. How could you never have let your kids die Easter eggs?? lol. I love the Easter dresses. So cute. The pictures turned out great. Such beautiful kids. Love ya!

Keddington Chronicles said...

Cute! I didn't know you had a blog. Fun to read all about you guys! CUTE Easter dresses! :)