Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Siera's voice performance recital

A few weeks ago Siera had her first real voice recital. She has been working with a new voice teacher that we love. Her name is Kathy and she used to sing with the Tabernacle choir and she is incredible! She has taught Siera so much, she focuses a lot on breathing and teaching her how to hold the notes and Siera has improved a great deal with her. She sang "On My Own" from Les Miserables which is one of my favorite songs. She did fantastic. She didn't look nervous and she sang on pitch the whole song. She brought me to tears. I was so proud of her. She really enjoys singing and we are excited for her next recital. This is her friend Klynn who also takes voice lessons from Kathy. She did a great job singing at the recital too. Siera has also had 2 dance competitions that her group has competed in. The first one they took 2nd place and the 2nd competition they took first place. Their dance is awesome and they did so well. I knew after they performed they would take first place. We have loved dance this year and look forward to the dance recital in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I hope when Josh is a pro Football player and Sierra is a superstar they will still remember their Auntie Tara.... (I'd like a new car I think). LOL

Seriously though Siera is so talented! love her!

Cindy said...

So cute. I'll have to come to the next dance and voice concert. She is so talented. Love the pics.

Cindy said...

She is such an awesome dancer and singer. Multitalented girl! Love the pics. I need to come to a recital soon.