Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Valley

So I watched this movie over the weekend called "Happy Valley". It is a documentary about the drug problem in Utah. Okay I wasn't sure what to think of this movie. It talks a lot about how teenagers are popping pain killers and using that to get high instead of the other ways. And because it is just a pill that is prescribed by a doctor they don't think there is anything wrong with it. It was really sad. It made me worry about my kids and wish for them not to get any older or become teenagers. Also the movie brought out a little bit about the pressures of being a member of the Lds church and how sometimes members try to hide their problems because we worry so much about what people think of us. I don't know. In a way I really thought it was a good movie, but on the other hand a lot of things bothered me about it. I do recommend it, especially for those of you that have teenagers. Have any of you seen it??? What did you think??? I'm dying to hear other opionions.

5 comments:

Lia said...

I've not seen it, but have heard of it. I want to see it.

Tara said...

I haven't heard of this one. Although, I must admit if I lived in happy valley (you know where I am talking about) I might have to dope up once in a while too.

Ha ha you know I am kidding. I love you!

Your kids are going to do great, because you have raised them with the right values. I know it is totally a scary world out there though!

Jill said...

That was so funny, what Tara just said. I completely agree with her. As hard as it is with the pressures here, Happy valley would be worse. It sounds like an interesting movie. I'm so mad at you for referring PS I Love You. I cried during the whole movie and I hate to cry!! It was so sad.

Randy said...

Hey Kristi. Randy Curtis here. Saw your blog through Shannon's. Great to see you guys are doing well. It's probably time we get together again, huh?

Katie said...

I haven´t seen it but I know lots of people that do it...(mostly my crazy sisters, not the sane ones haha)