Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Girls Camp

So I just got back from Girls Camp last week. I was completely dreading going. I was worried about leaving my kids for 4 days and who loves camping??? Not me! My sister was in town and I was bummed about missing out on spending time with her. So many things were bringing me down about going. I am so glad I went though. It was such a great experience. I loved spending time with the girls and leaders. We laughed so hard and were delirious at times from lack of sleep. It was a great time.

Our departure day on our way to camp.

Our beautiful camp area.

Enjoying lunch after setting up camp.

We had 3 tents of girls, each with a youth leader. The youth leaders prepared devotionals for their tent each night before going to bed.



Decorating canvas for some cute camp chairs they made.

Enjoying some free time on the rope swings.


Getting ready for the volleyball tournament.


Part of the service project that our ward was responsible for doing was putting together these steel picnic benches. I was gungho for doing it because we had old wood ones in our camp area and I wanted some nice clean steel ones. We put 3 together.

We all decorated journals and then we passed them around to each other and signed them and wrote little notes to each other, kind of year book style.


Our camp director had had it with her dirty feet and so she decided to pamper herself as much as you can camping and soak them and clean them up.

Us kickin it at our camp area.

The stake set up a bunch of fun games for the girls to play. All team building type of games. They really enjoyed them.






The girls having fun pranking our leader tent. There was a note that said they thought we needed extra padding. ha ha ha

All of the girls heading for the hike. It was a really pretty hike. The girls kept saying after the 5 mile hike at Youth Conference, this was nothing.


Chillin and eating some watermelon after our 2 mile hike.

The bishopbric and their wives came up for the last night for dinner and testimony meeting. My Dad is the bishop of our ward and so it was fun to have him and my Mom come up.

Our girls! There the best!

Us with the girls.

All the leaders. I love these ladies, they are so much fun to work with!

Us leaders trying to be cool. ha ha I loved camp. I am so glad that I was able to go. What a great experience to be with these beautiful girls and wonderful leaders. It was such a great bonding experience for all of us. I can't wait for next year! And I have to thank my Mom and especially Siera for helping with the kids. Siera you are the best!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like you had a blast. I loved going to girls camp back in the day. Some of the greatest memories I have are from girls camp. Looks like you have a fun group of leaders too.

Lia said...

I always loved girls camp!! But I agree, it becomes difficult when you have the needs of your children and family and the young women to meet.