Monday, August 10, 2009

Bear Lake & boating with family & friends

Wow. I cannot believe that summer is almost over. My kids go back to school in 2 weeks. That went by so fast. I am sad that summer is just about through. I am way behind in blogging but it has been a very busy summer.
Well we try to do an annual trip with my family every year. Our favorite place to go is Bear Lake. I love it there. The beaches are so great. You can pull your car right on the beach and have your cooler and chairs and everything you need so close. I love it. We got a camp spot and it was nice. It was a group spot with lots of trees and shade it was nice and big. But.... I think we are all getting a little old for camping. We decided next year we are going to rent a cabin. How nice will it be to come home from the lake and take a shower and sleep in a bed, instead of a tent. Yes much better. Well me and my brother Ken got to Bear Lake first. We got our camp stuff set up and headed to the Lake. So my kids are completely content and happy playing in the sand all day long. They love it. They could careless about boating and jet skiing. It's all about the sand castles and burying each other. So no boating the first day. We sat and let them enjoy the beach. Such a great time. I treasure these times with my kids.












Me with Milika, took her on a small ride.

My brother brought his father in law's boat and jet skis. His boat is sweeet! It was huge and could fit a ton of us on it at one time. It was brand new and top of the line. The thing had heaters on it. Soooo nice. We had so much fun!


Siera enjoying a ride on the jetski with Grandpa.

Okay so I know how to waterski. Apparently that is old school. Whatever! Here is my brother Kelly surfing. Who knew??

My brother Ken getting ready to surf as well. He did awesome too!

My Mom always has such fun little crafts and different things for the kids to do. They are making homemade ice cream in baggies. They also decorated flip flops and journals. She is the best Grandma.


Okay moving on. We went with our friends the Tuttles to Jordanelle. Our kids are all very close in age and get along really well. They are such a wonderful family and we always have such a great time together.




Every summer we do a camping trip with our good, good friends the Davises. We go camping at Camperworld in Coalville, right up past Park City. We had such a fun time. Camperworld is so nice to camp at. It has a big pond and the kids can fish and feed the fish. All their campspots are shady with green grass. That's my kind of camping. We went to Rockport boating the next day. Lindsey is like a brother to me. We can be 100% ourselves with these guys. They are such great friends. We love you guys!!



Okay so me and my friend Erin take a ride without any of the kids. So Lloyd and Lindsey decide to take us on a major ride and try to dump us. They threw Erin off, but I was not about to let go for anything. Apparently the tube was clear up in the air and I was holding on with one hand and hanging at one point. They were in serious trouble when we got back in the boat. They thought they were hilarious!


The kids are starting to get brave, doing tricks on the tube.

We were also able to spend some time with Lloyd's brother Charlie. He just returned from his mission serving in Madagascar. He lives in Cali and it was so great to have him spend a few days with us. The kids loved having him around and were so sad to see him leave.





Siera trying to be cool like her uncle.


Joshua and Charlie having fun on the tube.


Savani is terrified of riding on the tube. She has done it once on the bigger tube, but not the smaller one. She likes it when the boat is not moving.

I tried to give Lloyd a good ride. We did flip him off, but he said he got tired and let go. Yea whatever!



I am so sad that the season for boating is coming to an end. I have LOVED every minute of it. If I am just sitting on the boat, sunbathing,sipping my Diet Coke, I am in heaven. I can't wait for next year.

4 comments:

Cyd said...

Sounds like a very fun and lake involved summer. We need to find some friends with toys to hang out with as Lake Mead isn't far from our house and we have yet to go out on it.

Shannon said...

What a great summer.

Jared & Kristen Rogers said...

how fun!!! Charlie looked like he had a blast. The kids look so cute. Text us when Solo's next football game comes around!

Cindy said...

I am loving the new blog design and photos. How fun!! I love all the boating pics. Your kids will definitely have some good memories from the boating days! You crack me up too with the "sipping the DC" on the boat. Love it.