Thursday, July 31, 2008

Football, footbal and more football

Okay this week has been the longest week and it is not even over yet. Last Saturday football started for Joshua. He had to go at 8am and they were there till noon. Then he has had practice, Mon, Tues and Wed from 6-9pm.. Because there are so many kids that play, the first week they practice every day for 2-3 hours and are basically trying out to see what team they will be on and what position they will play. In addition to the fee to play in the league, they need a mouth piece, cleats, practice jerseys, the list goes on people. They run drill after drill and play after play and the kids you think would come home worn out and not wanting to go back. But no, they love it! I guess kids really do love structure and discipline and believe me tackle football is all of that. I mean I was wondering if we were in the NFL here with how serious everyone is about it, including my husband. You wouldn't believe all the families in lawn chairs sitting watching the practices. I can't imagine the people that will be showing up to the games. So the teams have been decided and now it's time to move on to practicing with your team. I think I have a long road ahead. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Tara said...

That is so crazy. Joshua is just preparing for a long career in football (which I secretly hope includes the University of Utah - ha ha!)

Anyway I am proud of my little nephew, I can't wait to watch some games.

Jill said...

Just imagine high school, AHHHH!!! He's going to be such a good football player.

Lia said...

Wow, good for you! You've joined the ranks as a sports mom. I've heard footballs a lot more time consuming than soccer. I wish you and Joshua both a lot of happy football days ahead!

Scott and Mary said...

Hi Kristi! I saw your name on Lia's blog spot and I checked out your blog. Your family is so beautiful! I hope you are doing great. By the way how is your sister Cindy doing? You both are so beautiful and nice. Tell her hi ok? Good Luck with Football it is time consuming, my Joshua played it to. Your new baby is so cute only 6 months old. How do you do it all? You are obviously amazing! I miss you Mary Ann (Burdette) Liefting