Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Scout Camp

In the beginning of June Lloyd and Josh went to scout camp with our Young Men. Lloyd is the YM's president and so he decided he was going to take Josh as well, even though he isn't of age to go yet. They went to Bryce Canyon, Zions and finished off at Lake Powell. After looking at all the pictures I just have to say that Utah is BEAUTIFUL! I was a bit jealous, they had so much fun and I wish that the girls and Young Women were able to do trips like this.

My cute son at the sanddunes.

Their camping area and tent. Not too bad.

Enjoying lunch after one of the many hikes that they went on.

They boys having fun in the car.

My 2 handsome guys at Bryce Canyon.


Josh sitting on the edge. I know they took pics like this just to bug me and worry me.

Messing around at their campspot area.

All the boys and leaders in Bryce Canyon.

This is another hike in Zions called Angels Landing that is very steep. I wasn't happy about Josh climbing it. Lloyd said it was steep and he almost had a heart attack climbing it. He is afraid of heights. Joshua has no fear about it and just climbed up like no big deal.



The chains are supposed to help support you up the rocks and pull you up for how steep this climb is, you go straight up.

This was a pic that they took to show me how high up they were.

The cliff behind Joshua is the tops of Angels Landing. Needless to say I was happy when they called me and said that this hike was over and everyone was safe. Rumor is last year 2 people died on this hike.

Playing in the sanddunes.

They would run and then jump as high as they could off the hill. This is Josh in the air. Believe me this was not fun to do laundry from all this red sand, but I'm glad they had fun.



A hike at Zions to the Emerald pools where they were able to swim and play in the water.




This is Glen Canyon Dam and they took a tour of it. Beautiful!



Enjoying Jack in the Box for lunch one of the days.

They went to Lake Powell on the 2nd to last day and it was cloudy and a little cold, they were hoping for warmer weather, but the boys still had fun.



All the boys in front of the Zions sign. Glad they all made it home safely especially my son!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That does look like an awesome trip. Beautiful scenery in those pictures. I totally agree with you about the Angels hike. How scary! It reminds me of how scared I was on the Subway hike. lol.

Jewel said...

Dear Kristi: Certainly you are mistaken. Joshua is 4 and thus not old enough to go to Scout Camp. Please tell me that time hasn't gone by this fast...because first comes Scout Camp and then comes mission and you and I are are MUCH too young for that nonsense.

xoxo